"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around - and why his parents will always wave back." - William D. Tammeus
Specializing in relationship issues for more than 20 years, I am a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker in private practice. I believe that secure relationship with oneself and with others is a foundation for health. I help people to feel heard and accepted, so that they can discover more fully who they are and how they want to be with others.
I work with individuals and couples. Many are looking for more authentic relationships, based on trust. As the quote above suggests, both children and adults rarely tire of the reminder that they matter to another. As humans we are "wired to connect," yet there are times when those connections are not quite what they might be.
By providing a safe, respectful, and confidential space, and time to connect, I support people in finding their way through challenging situations. Some examples of these are:
- Loss of connection, separation, divorce
- Identity questions: core values, life purpose
- Intimacy and security in relationship
- Childhood trauma
- Attachment wounds, early childhood through adult age
- Physical or emotional trauma
- Reproductive wounds or losses, including infertility or traumatic birth experience
- Adoption choices
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Search and reunion of disconnected family members
- Parenting choices, especially when children are challenging
I appreciate your interest in my services and I invite you to use the links at the top of the page to learn more about who I am, what I bring to psychotherapy, and how I might be able to support you or someone you know.